ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
FocusdnBlurd
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
The silence of the shutters
3 months ago

Hello. First post from a lurker...

Im a old streetshooter that has had a long time, 20 years, break from the streets. Ive been managing my shooting with simple P&S:s and an now old Eos 350D, mostly since ive used my pics to publish on the web in different projects during the last 15 years.

Now I have started to feel the call of the streets again and has started to look for a suitable camera, back in the day I used a Konica Hexar for its silent shutter and great 35 - 2,0 lens, so im looking for something silent and compact like this. Im clear with that the X100S is almost a perfect tool for me but since I need a bit more flexibility due to only have funds for 1 camera, Ive decided against it since the need for a zoom is big for me nowdays, and I can start with that and ad a prime after a while. But the sound level of the  shutter is really important and Ive not read much about that when searching the web about the X line...

So Im very interested in how much/little the shutters sounds on the X-M1, X-E1/2 mostly, but even the X-PRO1 since Ive might score a great deal on a used one. I have a buddy who has a Nex6 and that one has a clearly to loud shutter from my point of view. So I hope that some of you can give some feedback on this subject...

Please excuse my language if its not correct since english is not native tounge.

Thanks in advance

Tobias

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow