EarthQuake
Senior MemberPosts: 1,140Gear list
Like?
Re: Nocticron Unboxing
In reply to dale thorn, 7 months ago

dale thorn wrote:

EarthQuake wrote:

dale thorn wrote:

The price of Leica lenses made by Leica never "come down". If made by Panasonic for Leica, there may be hope.

Full product name is "Panasonic LUMIX G LEICA DG NOCTICORON 42.5mm / F1.2"

Certainly not a "Leica" as in made in germany and all of that. I can't see any reason to think this won't drop it price over time like the PanLeica 45/2.8, 25/1.4, and the Pana 35-100 and 12-35.

Yep - spoke too soon. Well, they're never going to sell a million of these, but then again I don't see why they would have to discount it. They don't need the money and I doubt it will take up much valuable space in their warehouse.

It's going to be a choice between "Do I spend the $1600 now and make some photos with this lens?", or "Do I wait for the price to come down (if ever) so I can add just another lens that I probably won't use much?"

The latter question is relevant because if it's not "just another lens", but something really important, then why would I wait for an unknown length of time to get it?

Certainty, if you actually need this lens a $2-300 difference probably won't make much difference to you. I hear rumors a few months back that it would be about $1600, so I wasn't surprised. I'll probably pick one up as soon as its available, if not put in a pre-order soon.

My point was, based on recent history and Panasonic's higher end lenses, they generally come down in price after not too long.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow