Why did you go with the Fuji XE/XPro-1 ILC

Started 11 months ago | Polls thread
Birddogman
Senior MemberPosts: 1,160Gear list
Like?
Re: Why did you go with the Fuji XE/XPro-1 ILC
In reply to Jorginho, 11 months ago

I guess none of the above because I didn't "ditch" my DSLR equipment - tho' is isn't used much these days.

I needed a camera for the field that had more capabilities (interchangeable lenses, burst mode, optical viewfinder) and better IQ than the Leica P&S I was using, but it had to be a good bit smaller and lighter than my DSLR.  When I looked at the Fuji, I found it met those criteria AND it had analog controls AND it looked cool - like one of the old Leica rangefinders I learned on years ago.  Wow!  Those were the main reasons I bought my first Fuji - one of the first the XP-1's and the prime lenses that were all you could get back then.

After I had the camera, I discovered that the IQ was stunning - every bit as good and maybe better than my DSLR.  I was even happier!!  When I discovered the painfully slow autofocus operation on fast moving subjects (i.e. dogs and birds), I was less happy, but I've learned to mostly work around that.  I've also been very pleased with the superb quality of the zoom lenses (18-55mm and 55-200mm).

Birddogman's gear list:Birddogman's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow