Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marcello Zini
Contributing MemberPosts: 819Gear list
Like?
Missing m43 lenses: who's right?
11 months ago

I keep reading posts asking for a semi-pro lens for m43 inspired to the 4/3 14-54 2.8-3.5.

My opinion is that about 1/2 of this forum would buy such class of lens right away, even if not splash resistant, maybe at about 1/2 the price of the Pana 12-35 and a bit smaller than it. My perception is that Olympus or Panasonic would sell at least twice the units they are selling now with their respective pro standard zoom lenses. Questions:

1. is my perception (and the one of other dpreview posters) far off?
  2. even if I'm right, would the r&d cost be too high anyway for such lens design at 1/2 the price of the Pana 12-35 (it would end up costing more than that)?
  3. are we dpreview readers so not representative of the m43 buyer crowd as we think?
  4. would this lens just draw from 2.8 zooms sales too much to gain financial benefits?
  5. don't you think that filling this gap would happily boost m43 sales in general?
  6. any other factors I'm not considering?

I'm really curious to hear opinions as my m43 friends - including myself - would certainly have bought one on day oneĀ 

Thanks!

-- hide signature --

...slowly building my gallery at
http://picasaweb.google.com/marcellozini
Marcello

Marcello Zini's gear list:Marcello Zini's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS Fujifilm 50-230mm Nikon Coolpix 2500 +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow