(unknown member)
Like?
Re: No
In reply to Mike CH, 11 months ago

Mike CH wrote:

Basalite wrote:

Mike CH wrote:

Basalite wrote: {something I snipped}

Go back next time and quote me properly as I don't particularly like trying to figure out what you were responding to.

So sue me

If you want people to understand what you are referring to and talking about it makes sense to quote someone.

1) You said that a proper photographer seeks to excel both artistically and technically; moreover you claim that as fact. It is not, it is opinion - albeit one you appear to hold dearly.

No, it is fact. The craft of photography encompasses both.

Of course it does. But that is a completely different statement from your first definition of proper photography. Mores the pity for you if cannot see that.

What "first definition" is that?"

2) What happens when you crop? Those pixels used to be part of the image, and thus according to you, equally important to the image...

If you have a camera, sensor and lens of high quality such a thing is much less of an issue otherwise, hence the emphasis one should place on technical excellence.

Don't wiggle out.

Don't be silly; I haven't wiggled out of anything.

What happens when you crop? Were those pixels you removed equally important?

You have edited away previous posts in the discussion so now I don't even know specifically what this section of the discussion is referring to. As I said in the beginning, quote properly. That includes leaving in the previous posts.

Cropping a high quality image is obviously better than cropping a lesser quality image.

3) I think you have an issue with the expression 'pixel peeping' because you feel it is negative.

I have an issue with it because it makes no sense. It's a stupid term based on ignorance.

It is meant to be.

And that makes sense, how?

It is meant to be negative. To be used in the situations where 100% viewing is vastly overdone.

100% viewing can never be "overdone." It is the only way to judge the ultimate quality of a digital image.

Everything can be overdone.

Not truth.

Regards, Mike

-- hide signature --

Wait and see...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NoNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow