Sony a7 and Panasonic GX7: Two Cameras sitting on my desk. Must return one.

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
SMD79
New MemberPosts: 23
Like?
Re: Sony a7 and Panasonic GX7: Two Cameras sitting on my desk. Must return one.
In reply to Rickj23, 8 months ago

Rickj23 wrote:

You need to compare apples with apples and pears with pears. The FF sensor has 4x the area of 4/3 sensor. The A7, even if it has slower [or less accurate] AF, is always going to be a better camera than GX7 .... if you can put up with the larger camera and lens size. Personally, I would wait for the NEX 7 replacement camera, which Sony will no doubt announce at the end of this month. It might be considerably smaller and a bit cheaper than A7 ......

Thanks. It's size is actually nice in a way as I like the "feel" of the a7 better than GX7. Both are nice though. Before all the madness of the a7 hit the market, I was looking at the NEX7 and NEX6. I preferred the NEX6. Not only for its features but also it's handling. Subtle differences. I feel like there's always gonna be something around the corner and I'd go crazy hanging on until the next "big update/release" from Sony/Canon/Olympus/Panasonic, etc.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow