Sony 35mm 1.8 vs 18-135mm for A65.

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
rfielder
Regular MemberPosts: 482Gear list
Like?
Re: just a tip to above: maybe superzoom is for you
In reply to AlphaTikal, 11 months ago

AlphaTikal wrote:

We live in a world full of compromises. Even if such a lens like 16-300mm would exist, it would be big, heavy and expensice and on top of that, the quality wouldn't be good. I can understand that you dont want to switch lenses, but that is none of the reason why interchangeable lens cameras are made for.English is not my native language.

To be more precise - I don't like switching lenses when hiking or bicycling, if possible.

The attraction of a walk-around lens is that it is ready when you need it..  Far too often I am going from wide angle to telephoto and back again.  If I had to switch lenses every time, a lot of the shots would just not happen.

As for the OP - we are getting WAY off topic! - I still think that a zoom lens with a wide range, and a faster (F2 or larger) "normal" lens is the best combo to start with.

-- hide signature --

Robert Fielder
Brampton, ON, Canada

rfielder's gear list:rfielder's gear list
Tamron SP AF 60mm F/2 Di II LD IF Macro Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II PZD Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow