PP thoughts? Great Wall of China, poor light

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Alex 13
Forum MemberPosts: 94
Like?
Re:I am stuck sir
In reply to Michael Edward Rudge, 9 months ago

Wow, lots of great responses!  Thanks all, and thanks to all that left kind comments as well.

A few things I hadn't considered have given me ideas.  First, I didn't think of increasing the top of the frame of the second pic, which just adds that bit to the composition.  Cheers

Second, it never occurred to me to remove the camera man.  The work done by a few of you there is really impressive, I'm going to have to learn how (particularly the ones that also removed his shadow!).  In looking at it, I actually prefer the camera man in the shot because he adds colour and a sense of scale, but I do like the thinking.

Here's my personal interpretation (done prior to posting this and getting you ideas).

The first picture may just have to go to the bin, I am not sure it is interesting enough to be saved

VicC - I like the gritty take, it gives a good feel for the ruggedness of the area.

MisterBG - I really liked the sharpening you did.  Would you share the process you used?  I haven't been able to pull that much detail out without it going crazy with noise.  The sky shot looks great, too.

Tony - Yours is probably most similar to mine, in terms of overall colour.  Thanks for the kind words

Nand/Doug - I like the idea of colour.  I had added a little subtle dark blue in the mountains in the second pic, as well.  I'll continue to play with it.

JD - enjoyed the original take on it  I was thinking something crazy along these lines could be used.

PX - I'm enjoying the colour here, looks very clear.  I think mine comes off a tad warm, I may back off the temp a tad.

Tom - I'd thought about B&W as well, some more ideas to play with

Gary - thanks for the kind words, you've gone in the right direction with warmth as well I think.

Michael - Nice tank, haha.  Also a decent edit, cheers.

Ah, I think that's everyone - if I missed someone I apologise.  Sincerely appreciate all the work and inspiration

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow