Post YOUR Fun Macros from 2013. . .

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Gordon W
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,457Gear list
Like?
Re: Post YOUR Fun Macros from 2013. . .
In reply to BryanJ, 6 months ago

BryanJ wrote:

I bought a Polaroid 500D after seeing your photos online a little while back and am very happy about that choice over going straight to the Raynox. I am waiting on my 250D in the mail. I was wondering how you think stacking these lenses works out, I have cheap closeup set as well and it seems the +1 doesn't cause too much havoc but the other diopters cause too much chromatic and optical distortions. With the 250D/500D staked and was just wondering how useful you find it. I know I still don't have the Canon lenses but it should be similar I think. I guess the last thing is do you think there is still room for the Raynox 250 after having these two lenses already? Thanks!

From what I can tell (not being very scientific), stacking the 250D with the 500D allows you to zoom in more from the same shooting distance as you can with just one or the other of the lenses alone, so this gives you greater magnification which makes stacking them useful. I don't normally need that much magnification for the macro photos I shoot, but it's nice to have the option.

I have no personal experience with the Raynox, so don't know if having one would benefit someone having both the 250D and 500D. I expect it would, but that's pure speculation.

-- hide signature --

Regards, Gordon
_
Photography since 1950 • Digital since 1999
My online photo galleries

Gordon W's gear list:Gordon W's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F550 EXR Canon PowerShot S100 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Canon EOS 400D +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
labe MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow