Would you call this pixel peeping:

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Prognathous
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,668
Like?
Presentation of multiple shots vs panning within high magnification view
In reply to Beachcomber Joe, 8 months ago

Beachcomber Joe wrote:

If your images "contains multiple subjects and many interesting details" I wonder why you did not consider those aspects of the image worth their own photographs. I would think that going from an overall photo to well composed photos of the interesting bits would make for a far more pleasing presentation.

One typical reason is that these multiple subjects are not static, so you can't actually capture the same moment in multiple shots.

Another reason is that slowly panning within a magnified image works differently on the viewer than showing a series of static shots. I'm not saying one is always better than the other, but it's a different (and sometimes preferable) way to present the interesting parts of a scene. This is very common when displaying a panorama. I find that showing the whole image and then displaying it in high magnification and panning slowly from one side to the other frequently provides a more compelling presentation than just showing additional images of specific parts of the panorama.

Prog.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NoNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow