Have RF lenses had their day ?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Jeremy Caldwell
New MemberPosts: 8Gear list
Like?
Re: and in the new reality ...
In reply to parallaxproblem, 11 months ago

parallaxproblem wrote:

As it stands, Sony have instead rather stupidly created a 'chasm' in E-mount ownership with two very different types of customers owning NEX and A7/r series, as is very clear in this forum. I hope the new release announcements planned for spring go some way to closing that chasm otherwise we will begin to see an increasing number of NEX customers jumping-ship as the realisation of what has happened sinks-in

And there isn't a 'chasm' between DSLR full frame and APS-c customers?

I haven't found the purchase of my A7R has decreased the usefulness or usage of my APS-C e-mount cameras, and I don't think the scenario is all that different from the Canikon. They have a range of APS-C and full frame cameras and lenses and I haven't heard of users complaining that Rebel cameras are no good because the 5DMkIII exists?

Is the A7r different from the NEX6 yes? But it took me a matter of minutes to familiar myself with the body and start taking IMO good photos.

I also don't think the FE lenses have been all that expensive either compared to equivalent full frame lenses from other manufacturers. Not that I own any as I primarily shoot with manual lenses and I've been very happy with the Sony bodies.

Jeremy Caldwell's gear list:Jeremy Caldwell's gear list
Canon PowerShot Pro90 IS Ricoh Caplio R5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Canon EOS 400D Sony Alpha NEX-5N +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow