The Philosophy of Nikon Df

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Dennis Watts
Forum MemberPosts: 92Gear list
Like?
Re: The Philosophy of Nikon Df
In reply to Shotcents, 11 months ago

your shot is of a "very contrasty" setting and even my old D1 would have been fine in this situation.

What has me and may others upset is we where hoping for a lot more. I'm not saying it's a bad camera it is just not a good value. its very good but very old tech, and there is NO reason it should not have the D800 AF, and shoot 7-8 FPS. It has the chip and processor to do this but Nikon chose to increase their profit margin.

I am just whining because i'm looking for a good back up and I use manual focus lenses. I would buy the DF and put up with the poor focus screen and all of the other items mentioned but not at this price, I'll get a second D800E.

I feel like Nikon is taking advantage and that is what is most disappointing. look at the sales numbers and you'll see that there are a lot of people like me.

http://petapixel.com/2013/11/08/nikon-cuts-sales-forecast-yet-dslr-sales-stall-df-preorders-come-subpar/

Dennis Watts's gear list:Dennis Watts's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Fisheye-Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow