Canon 70D vs 100D? Compatibility w/ Sigma 18-50 f2.8 macro?

Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
denyfate
New MemberPosts: 23
Like?
Canon 70D vs 100D? Compatibility w/ Sigma 18-50 f2.8 macro?
11 months ago

Hi everyone,

I had recently sold my T1i because in my opinion the ISO wasn't up to the task anymore..

Currently I am looking at either the 70D or 100D
I live in Hong Kong, hence I will be carrying the camera with me as I walk around and take the bus.. therefore the 100D is a very compelling option for me

However.. the 70D's features are very tempting too

I mainly use my camera for street photography or when I go on vacation.. and filming my gf's cat XD

It seems image qualities are pretty much the same between the two cameras.. so in your opinions.. are the features on the 70D worth the extra weight and cost? (e.g. dedicated buttons, dual autofocus, wifi, tilty screen, etc..)
All my friends are telling me to upgrade to 70D instead of 100D.

Secondly, I was wondering if anyone has the Sigma 18-50 f2.8 macro and is it compatible with the 70D's video autofocus? I've read here that there are compatibility issues with 3rd party lenses.

Many thanks in advance!!

-- hide signature --
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 100D (EOS Rebel SL1) Canon EOS 500D (EOS Rebel T1i / EOS Kiss X3) Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow