whats up with my FZ200 images

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Ronomy
Senior MemberPosts: 2,870Gear list
Like?
Re: f/8 (like f/22) isn't always a no-no
In reply to Timj351, 11 months ago

Nick, thanks for doing these test shots. It's very informative and matches my own, much less scientific, results. I've pretty much concluded that F4 is a good setting for outdoor scenes where you want good detail out to the edges of the frame. For just about anything else where the primary area of interest is anywhere in the middle than F2.8 is the best. Shutter speed and lower ISO is very important to me on this camera so I try to use the fastest aperture that my scene will allow.

After looking at the OP's image again a little closer it makes me wonder if the focus was off just slightly. I can't remember if there was any kind of filter used but I noticed that my FZ200 and FZ150 has a slight problem focusing with a polarizer filter. It focusses and appears fine in the screen but just not as critically focused all of the time. I'm also not convinced that Quick AF focusses quite as accurately as to when it is off. These are things I am still looking into and any thoughts on this from the members here would be appreciated.

-Tim

F4 is what the camera uses in iA and P for best images unless more light is required.

Ronomy's gear list:Ronomy's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD800 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon EOS 7D
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow