Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jay coffsky
Regular MemberPosts: 327
Like?
Questions to ask a professional.
10 months ago

You learn so much from these forums and also from the pros. At an event like wedding, lecture, graduation party etc. I try to ask the pro what lens they are using. Most of the cameras are split between nikon and canons. I have not seen personally leica, sony, etc. but no doubt some do.

I also have not seen prime lens used unless there is a stationary area that couples go to a take a portrait. Even there most of the lens I have seen have been some zoom. I am not knocking primes just my observations. I also have primes and love them as well.

I now will start to find out what settings A, M iso they use. I definitely will not try to take much time and usually I have yet to find a pro that is unfriendly at a party or wedding type event.. These pros are hired and enhance their business this way.

On the other hand, I have had almost no luck talking to a working pro at a sporting event. About the only events I can get close enough to see their equipment is a golf tournament. They are either independents, magazine, or full time with a news service and don't have time to chat. I pretty much have given that avenue up. Every now and then there will be a pro at a sporting event when there kid and my grandkids are on the same or opposing teams, of course they are not working for money then an are much more friendly.

jay coffsky

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow