Flat view
Erik Ohlson
Forum ProPosts: 12,283
Like?
What a day - finally an EVF TZ/ZS !!
3 months ago

Well.

I Left the house for several hours and the world turned upside down

Back in 2009 & 2010 I spent a lot of words on this forum agitating for a "TZ-EVF" camera, and I finally posted a "mock-up" in May of 2010:

And now - Lo and Behold !   The ZS40 has come along and realized that dream.

-And not just a "ZS-EVF", but a better camera in many ways (providing that the lens holds up it's end):

-EVF

-Slightly larger sensor

-Still has PASM

-Manual focus (not that a person can focus more accurately than the camera), but now locking focus for Panoramas and close-ups or the sacred "low light" picture will be worlds easier.

-Level gauge

-920,000 dot screen with NO TOUCH FUNCTION !!

Even more "Recording Telescope" Zoom !

And all that with only a tiny increase in size - if the EVF is good enough you won't have to hear me pointing out the advantages of the Clearviewer - but the tripod socket is still in the center so I can use mine without having to get another to fit the offset socket of, say, the LumixLX7.

Honest, Panasonic never asked me, but somehow they pretty well answered my wish list.

The "Pocketlint" review wanted a touch screen, but IMHO, that would have been a negative, unless it could have been shut off altogether.

Thanks, Panasonic !

Now, maybe an "EVF LX" for the LX guys 

-- hide signature --

"Measure wealth not by things you have but by things for which you would not take money"
www.flickr.com/ohlsonmh/ ohlsonmh@yahoo.com

Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow