dark13star
Contributing MemberPosts: 975Gear list
Like?
Re: XF56 f1.2 released and specs
In reply to Harry S, 9 months ago

Harry S wrote:

Caerolle wrote:

dark13star wrote:

Especially when this is a forum where most people have chosen the smaller sensor through informed decisions. We don't go to the Nikon and Canon forums and compare everything to Phase Ones.

-- hide signature --

"I would be an historian as Herodotus was." -Charles Olson
http://herodot.us

No, but plenty of true believers in m4/3 come to the Canon FF forum saying m4/3 image quality is as good as FF, and that people buying FF systems are dupes and dopes. I just wish people would discuss things they are interested in instead of trying to convince other people that they have the one valid system.

-- hide signature --

Not because I think they are good, but because I would like to improve (feel free to provide me with feedback):
http://500px.com/carolteater

Probably best to leave the DPReview forums and spend time elsewhere then. I've never seen so much 'equivalence' talk as I have in this forum, every single time a fast lens is discussed it comes up, and we go around in a huge circle yet again.

Ironically it's entirely irrelevant to 99% of people using one system, I'm fairly confident there are people discussing equivalent depth of field with FF who have never even shot FF (I'm still not sure why somebody somewhere decided FF was the benchmark, it wasn't so long ago that many, many photographers would never consider using such a small sensor!).

Even more ironically, many of us moved to Fuji from FF precisely because we wanted to downsize, every format is a compromise in one way or another. I owned a D600 until 4 weeks ago, I know what the 85mm 1.8 cost, but I will still buy the 56mm 1.2 when I can afford it, the price of the 85mm 1.8 on a system I don't use is beyond irrelevant.

Caerolle, I agree with you and I don't visit forums for equipment I don't own.

Harry, I have a similar story, but I haven't decided to get rid of my D600 and all the lenses yet. Now that I have my flashes working with my Fujis using remote triggers, it is getting more likely though. When I do use the Nikon, it is usually with the 85 or the 105 and speed lights.

When I first started reading this forum, it seemed to be full of people who really loved their cameras. Lurking here helped me ditch my Sony Nex and switch to Fuji. I still really enjoy some of the discussion here, but this FF equivalence stuff is getting crazy and much of it seems to come from trolls and sock puppets.

Glad you are another happy Fuji shooter.

Rich

-- hide signature --

"I would be an historian as Herodotus was." -Charles Olson
http://herodot.us

dark13star's gear list:dark13star's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D600 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow