XF56 f1.2 released and specs

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Chris G Hughes
Regular MemberPosts: 386Gear list
Like?
Re: XF56 f1.2 released and specs
In reply to a l b e r t, 11 months ago

Ha! Another thread goes off the rails in typical DPR style. Very high noise to signal ration this time.

I'll be adding the 56 to my lineup for sure. It's the portrait lens I've been waiting for. It'll have to wait budget wise until after I replace my 18 with the 14 and add the 23 as well, but the 56 is on the list.  The only one that doesn't really make sense to me is the 27. Seems like it should have been branded XC.

So, eventually I plan on owning all the main primes except the 60 macro and the 27 pancake. I have the 18-55 and 55-200 zooms and they'll suffice for the foreseeable future. The constant aperture zooms on the roadmap look nice but I see no reason to upgrade at the moment. I shoot primes more often than zooms.

At this point I'd like to see an ultra-wide and a true macro. Hitting the long and short ends would round out the range IMO. a solid 90mm macro and a fast 12mm would be great.

Chris G Hughes's gear list:Chris G Hughes's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Nikon D300 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow