Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Tom Caldwell
Forum ProPosts: 17,777
Like?
Imagined obsolescence
In reply to jpr2, 6 months ago

jpr2 wrote:

larrytusaz wrote:

I think I'm one of many that appreciate what APS-C NEX models like the F3, 6 and 7 etc bring in terms of high image quality in a smaller package.

Is it just my imagination? I'm not dis-satisfied with my F3 (other than I wish you could use the command dial to more quickly choose AF points, not just the 4-way part of it) but the lack of new models can sort of send a "vibe" that the system is not likely to still be around in 3-odd years or so, or that it may end up being more like the A3000 which is NOT what I am looking for.

there were some rumors in circulation that by mid Feb. 2014 they will release the Nex-7 mk-II, but that is all... a rumor

jpr2

Nothing could be gloomier than it is for Ricoh GXR tragics, been some years snce the GXR camera back and also quite a long time since the last module was released.  And yet we remain ever hopeful that an upgrade will be released.  Ricoh remains silent on the subject with only a semi-official "we are thinking about it" long ago and a heap of praise on its technical design and capability from the chief executive of Pentax USA.   Most of the sensors are the the "lowly" Sony A12 but it images well enough.

Sony NEX users should adopt the same and only philosophy available to those who own a great camera that satisfies their needs - the one that you have and takes great pictures is the only one you need and in the meantime both Ricoh for GXR owners and Sony for NEX owners is saving them a heap of money by removing the pressure to junk the old gear because it is getting dusty for the thrill of the new.

Who needs "planned obsolescence" when "imagined obsolescence"  is a very good substitute?

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow