Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
nevercat
Senior MemberPosts: 3,093
Like?
Re: Unfortunately...
In reply to DT200, 11 months ago

DT200 wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

I have the Sony NEX-F3 (and Nikon J1). Maybe it's me, but it seems like forever since new models have been announced other than the A3000 and A7/r--the former isn't really what I think of in terms of NEX, the latter are full-frame & as great as smaller full-frame models are, I think I'm one of many that appreciate what APS-C NEX models like the F3, 6 and 7 etc bring in terms of high image quality in a smaller package.

Is it just my imagination? I'm not dis-satisfied with my F3 (other than I wish you could use the command dial to more quickly choose AF points, not just the 4-way part of it) but the lack of new models can sort of send a "vibe" that the system is not likely to still be around in 3-odd years or so, or that it may end up being more like the A3000 which is NOT what I am looking for.

Tips?

-- hide signature --

LRH

You have plenty of vocal companions who keep creating these threads. You start with APSc to complain about only 11 models in 3.5 years that E-mount has been around...

Really this is misleading. For example the NEX 5t is almost a rebadged 5r with some new firmware. The 5r was a 5n with a new sensor, but that sensor offered no real improvement.

The 5t has very little news, but it has NFC, that is a hardware change...

Comparing the original NEX 5 to the current 5t overall there is not much of a difference except they old 5 is a bargain.

Well lets do that:

Nex 5:

14 MP  AF: CDAF only  No lens correction  No WIFI No touchscreen 1 dial less no fn

no quickmenu

Nex 5t:

16 MP  AF:CDAF&PDAF Lens correction  WIFI and NFC Touchscreen, 1 extra dial fn button/wuick menu

That is a lot different I think...

Don't worry, Canon does the same thing. The old T2i and latest T5i perform almost exactly the same.

Yes

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow