Stagnation of New APS-C Models?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
parallaxproblem
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,916Gear list
Like?
Re: Stagnation of New APS-C Models?
In reply to nevercat, 11 months ago

nevercat wrote:

When Sony said back in august when releasing the A3000 (along with the Nex 5t) that there would be more Nex styled cameras comming would that be believed by the doomsday people?

This is not true!

Sony have never said that there will be more NEX style cameras coming. I, and several other people have even posted on their blogs asking this precise question and received no reply

You keep on telling that the Nex 5t should be named A5000 just by a few photo's with that model number on it. I've given several reasons for this name on this camera, but you keep on telling that what you say is true...

What I say is true. Your 'reasons' aren't anything of the kind - kindly re-state them so that people can see them for what they are

All we hear in interviews with Sony is 'change change change' but nothing concerning what the future holds for NEX owners

Well Sony did show some of the future: A Full Frame E-mount camera, A very cheap E-mount camera, a Nex 5r successor, and tomorrow probably (it still is a rumor, so things can go different then we expect) a Nex 3 successor, so from August it was clear to me, and all the well thinking people what the future of the E-mount was: New cameras, so we can keep on using our E-mount lenses, nothing to worry....

Then you obviously have a line of communication with Sony (or a level of imagination) denied to most of us!

And change, change, change (as I often said) does not means that Sony will throw away a succesfull formfactor (successfull outside America)

Unless Sony tell us specifically what it means then you cannot put any such interpretation on it

The sad reality is that Sony care little for their existing customers and are only interested in expanding their market to non-Sony owners.

And many showed you where wrong, but you did not listen... You keep on proclaiming doom and gloom...

How do you know I am 'wrong'? How do you know what Sony are or are not planning to do?

All I have ever been asking for is for Sony to tell us in general terms (ie. no secrets) what is happening. What is 'wrong' about that?

and for others the economic absurdity of such behaviour in alienating loyal customers and destroying 'goodwill' is incomprehensible,

Could it be incomprehensible to Sony too? Could it be that Sony understands that only going for new custommers is a stupid thing? Do you realy think they need you, and the other end of the world proclaimers, to show them the right path?

Yes, I do!

We have seen them totally drop OVF for SLT, not make both models but drop one for the other! We have seen them first abandon their high-end A-mount bodies for the low end, and now seemingly abandon the low and middle for the high end. This is a company where internal politics take precedence over customer interests and so as customers we need to shout at them if we want our interests to be taken into account

but it remains a fact. A cursory examination of Sony's treatment of their A-mount customers over the last few years, and their reluctance to release new firmwares should remove any lingering doubts over this reality

For all the Nex cameras there was at least one FW update. So lets keep to the facts please. The A-mount custommers can still use there lenses and all their other A-mount things on the new camera, Yes they need an adapter to use their flashes on the new hotshoe (a thing MANY A-mount users asked for, a standard hotshoe!!)

And a rubbish adaptor it is too... not fixing properly onto the mount and as a result flashes dropping onto the floor and breaking. Well, that's one way of 'forcing' an upgrade!

And how many A-mount users who had spent money on flashes with the old fixation wanted the mount changed so their flashes could not be used effectively on the new cameras? I find that rather difficult to believe!

And for the SLT there is this to think of: Sony did come with a last "real" DSLR (A580) after they launched the A55. It was no success, Sony did what was economicly the right thing: stop with the camera that did not sell well, and go on with the cameras that do sell better!

Who says the A580 was not a success? They are chaning hands for relatively big bucks these days...

The total abandonment of OVF for SLT was probably as much a result of an internal 'turf war' between two conflicting product managers as something inspired by actual sales performance

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow