Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MikeNannie
Regular MemberPosts: 431Gear list
Like?
Some images from Winter Storm ION
11 months ago

Yesterday, after giving it about an hour of thought, I decided to go out for a drive in the storm. It was about 11 am and the storm was really getting cranked up. These are from the Fort Wayne, IN area. The snow was really wet and sticking to the trees perfectly. My concern was keeping my camera from getting too wet, since it's not weather sealed, and not wrecking my 2012 truck So far, camera is fine and I made it home without anyone running into me.

I held my camera (Sony a580) under my coat when I wasn't making images. It was about 30 degrees F outside and snowing heavily. I only had my 16-80 zoom, so the bird shot is a pretty heavy crop.

Comments / feedback appreciated. Thanks. Mike

This is my personal favorite. I changed the crop to a more panoramic and I think that helps.

Heavy crop.

MikeNannie's gear list:MikeNannie's gear list
Sony a77 II Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM
Sony SLT-A58
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow