Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
DT200
Contributing MemberPosts: 835
Like?
IF they update the sensor, the Nikon 1s will attrack a lot here
In reply to captura, 11 months ago

captura wrote:

larrytusaz wrote:

I have the Sony NEX-F3 (and Nikon J1). Maybe it's me, but it seems like forever since new models have been announced other than the A3000 and A7/r--the former isn't really what I think of in terms of NEX, the latter are full-frame & as great as smaller full-frame models are, I think I'm one of many that appreciate what APS-C NEX models like the F3, 6 and 7 etc bring in terms of high image quality in a smaller package.

Is it just my imagination? I'm not dis-satisfied with my F3 (other than I wish you could use the command dial to more quickly choose AF points, not just the 4-way part of it) but the lack of new models can sort of send a "vibe" that the system is not likely to still be around in 3-odd years or so, or that it may end up being more like the A3000 which is NOT what I am looking for.

Tips?

-- hide signature --

LRH

Larry, your's is a good and valid query.

I also have an N1 J1 and they're truly great cameras. Sonyshine has abandoned the Sony systems for what indeed may be greener fields in Nikon 1. They have a new V3 model coming as you probably know. Plus the dimininuation of the NEX forum is disgusting and maybe not worth tthe trouble. It takes away from the pleasure, for me, of owning Sony NEX cameras.

If you are not ready to take on the the Harley-Davidson of cameras, the FF A7 duo whole-hog, so to speak, why not just build on the N1 system?

It is very questionable as to whether we shall ever see any more NEX-sixe APSC cameras from Sony, ever again. The current supply of NEX's seems to be petering out.

Steve

IF they update the sensor, the Nikon 1s will attrack a lot here.   Imagine the Nikon 1 with the RX100II sensor.  Sony traded their technology to Aptina, so it is possible.  The key word is "IF".

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow