Does anyone care to say an LX7 can't do astro?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Erik Ohlson
Forum ProPosts: 13,289
Like?
Re: Does anyone care to say an LX7 can't do astro?
In reply to KCHAWK, 8 months ago

Although the OP's photo of the night sky is interesting, I'm afraid I do not see much relevance to "Astro" photography in it aside from imaging a few stars.

I did a somewhat similar shot 7 years ago in December, 2006 with my TZ1, handheld (no HDR or special "Night Shot")

Orion & Canis Major, TZ1:

Two years later, on the spur of the moment while walking the dog, I put my TZ3 on a fencepost with the pocket-sized "Ultrapod" and self-timer, and aimed it - at full zoom - toward Jupiter, low in the western sky.

Heavily cropping the resulting shot, I had got Jupiter ('way overexposed) and several of it's moons:

The photo IS blurred a bit in this: [\] direction, by the movement of the earth in the one-second exposure, and I remind you, it is heavily cropped.

Yes, these Panasonic cameras do very well, indeed

And then, there is a pretty amazing shot my sister took - handheld on a moving ship at sea - of a total solar eclipse in 2005 with my tiny Minolta Xi.

The Sun (Moon) and Venus, 1 PM local time, Venus below & right of the sun:

-- hide signature --

"Measure wealth not by things you have but by things for which you would not take money"
www.flickr.com/ohlsonmh/ ohlsonmh@yahoo.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow