I don't see much enthusiasm for the XE2 here

Started Oct 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ed B
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,336
Like?
Re: Phoblographer's review of XE2
In reply to blue flash, Jan 6, 2014

blue flash wrote:

OK. I have been waiting a long time for my perfect camera (my 40D is not it). I have tried a 5D, 6D, & 70D. Not impressed. Great image quality, an EVF and designed for someone who understands photography basics (I don't want to fight with auto settings). I have had an Alpha and hated it. I had a Lumis and liked it but didn't love it. The MD1 looks good. But if I had to write the specs, I come up with Fugifilm XE2. It looks as close to my dream camera as any manufacturer has come up with to date. I don't care what anybody else says, I'm getting one.

Everyday cameras get better and better and the "almost perfect" camera today will be considered almost worthless in just a couple of years.

My first digital SLR was the Canon 10D and then I bought a 40D. To be honest, I loved both of those cameras and, when I bought them they were considered two of the best mid-priced DSLRs money could buy. I think I paid close to $1500.00 for the 10D and sold it, with a Sigma 28-70 2.8 EX lens for around $500.00. Basically, the majority of the resale price was because of the lens.

The X-E2 is a great camera but by this time next year you may not feel that it's your perfect camera. I have an X-E1 and have very few complaints about it but don't think it or the X-E2 are anywhere near perfect and I know that when Fuji comes out with a replacement for the X-Pro1 that will be "the best".

Camera manufacturers have us photography loving gear heads right where they want us and it's sometimes hard for us to pass up the next best thing.

Just the same, when I look back through my digital files, some of the best pictures there were taken, a few years ago, with that old outdated Canon 10D.

Why did I sell it?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow