Sony a7 and Panasonic GX7: Two Cameras sitting on my desk. Must return one.

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Camley
Regular MemberPosts: 335Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony a7 and Panasonic GX7: Two Cameras sitting on my desk. Must return one.
In reply to SMD79, 7 months ago

SMD79: If image quality is the most important factor for you (as it is for me), keep the Sony a7. I have one and love it's image quality with the Zeiss 35 f/3.5. I plan to get the Zeiss 24-70 f/4 for a general purpose lens. I prefer the 3:2 format, particularly for landscapes. Also, I edit my images and cropping is nearly always necessary - so much easier with a full frame sensor.

Note: If you want a camera for long telephoto birding or other action photography then a good DSLR is the way to go. You can sit looking through your viewfinder with the camera on standby for as long as you like while waiting for that special shot rather than swapping out batteries! Subject tracking is so good with today's DSLRs.

For my photography I use an a7 and a DSLR. All my DSLR lenses work well on the a7 with a smart adapter. So the a7 is my general use camera with the DSLR relegated to action/long telephoto photography where it excels.

Camley's gear list:Camley's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Sony Alpha 7 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow