The Philosophy of Nikon Df

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Patrick McMahon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,212Gear list
Like?
Re: The Philosophy of Nikon Df
In reply to sgoldswo, 11 months ago

sgoldswo wrote:

I don't understand what you mean. I've never struggled to take pictures in low light with the Df. Just switch to single movable point focus (and if necessary recompose). The photos in this set were all taken in poor light in a variety of bars (no, I don't claim they are great examples of anything other than that I was able to take pictures in (very) poor light):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sgoldswo/sets/72157638898070543/

It happens...

I don't think I have ever "struggled" to take a picture in my life, but as this is a Df thread we must speak in hyperbole.

Recomposing is exactly what one may do - this should be done when the Df is unable to focus. and you can focus it on a contrasting point.

I have a slew of shots that came out great in low light... but there are times when the camera can't lock - it happens.

Unfortunately I can't play this zero sum game of why the camera either "sucks" or "is on par with the D4/D800.

Have fun

Patrick McMahon's gear list:Patrick McMahon's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow