unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: XF56 f1.2 released and specs
In reply to Bill Robb, 11 months ago

Bill Robb wrote:

LWS2013 wrote:

a l b e r t wrote:

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujinon_lens_xf56mmf12_r/specifications/

Weight 405g (XF23 1.4 weight: 300g, Canon 85 1.2 weight: 1025g)

From the MTF charts, it looks like wide open sharpness is about the same as 23 f1.4.

And price is more reasonable ($999), not $1299 as someone predicted.

since the 85mm eqv is primarily a portrait focal length one would be shooting this for DoF rather than available light, since this is an APS-C lens you should really compare it to a FF lens that provides around the same DoF, the Nikon 85mm f1.8G which is rated very highly by Dxo for its sharpness wide open weights 350g and is around the same size as the Fuji 56mm and is close to 1/3rd of the price.

Size/use/weight wise the Fuji 56mm offers little over using a FF DSLR 85mm lens, we will have to wait and see if it's worth the extra 2/3rds cost.

Why do we have to keep reading this tripe? Whatever junk comparisons you want to make, it is still an f/1.2 lens, with all the expenses that go into making an f/1.2 lens. The advantage it offers is it goes onto an X-Mount camera, which are petite and easy to carry, not a bloated up Canon. The extra cost is not in the lens, the extra cost is in having to carry yet a third camera system, and all the expense that goes into it. A Canon lens, no matter what it costs, is a useless paperweight without at least another $1700.00 added in for a body to support it. By my math, that makes the Fuji at least $1200.00 less expensive than the Canon lens.

well I was referring to Nikon and price wise you can buy a D610 + 85 1.8G for less than a X-E2 + 56 1.2, the Nikon also has better DR and ISO performance plus more feature although the Nikon 85 combo is around 400g heavier, the X-E1 is slimmer and shorter but there is only 12mm width difference, in hand and in use there really isn't much difference in size.

I should also mention that I wasn't the one who originally compared the 56mm to a FF 85mm in this thread, I only responded to the discussion.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow