Are Full Frame SLRs Obsolete?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Colin Smith1
Contributing MemberPosts: 590Gear list
Like?
Re: Are Full Frame SLRs Obsolete?
In reply to dave, 11 months ago

dave wrote:

As a wildlife photographer you have heavy telephoto lenses to lug around. The slight difference in weight of a camera body is immaterial. Besides the large bright FF view finder is much better with those slow teles.

-- hide signature --

Pentax K5ii Canon 5D

As others have pointed out, there are limitations for producing large, fast super telephotos for micro 4/3s and mirrorless cameras.  I am very satisfied with the tools I have now for wildlife.  The discussion on this topic has convinced me to continue to use what I have, even given the weight.  I purchased a rolling camera case that is small enough for airline carry on, and sold my old 500F4 L for the newer, lighter version.  I carry the 500 in a small back pack.  I also appreciate the suggestion to leave some lenses at home.  I am not as technical as many of you, and your responses have been very educational for me.  Thanks!

-- hide signature --

Colin Smith

Colin Smith1's gear list:Colin Smith1's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
TrueNew
SureNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow