unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: XF56 f1.2 released and specs
In reply to RedBR, 3 months ago

RedBR wrote:

stimpy wrote:

Gaijin Tourist wrote:

While the inevitable shaking out of Fujifilm's lesser product lines is similar to all the other manufacturers' moves in the face of shrinking P+S sales, this lens, the newly-expanded X lens roadmap, and their continuing large program of camera firmware updates show Fuji to be moving at a pace unmatched by anyone else in birthing an entire X system right before our eyes.

Nikon is still missing some lenses in their DX range, Sony and Panasonic often seem to be waiting on the other one to fill holes, or of course Sony on its own has long been the brunt of the 'great cameras, where's the lenses?' discussions.

When and if an X 'DSLR-ish' body is realized, and should that camera incorporate an OVF / EVF selector in that style of body, it would be a real coup. Even without that, that type of body would provide the ultimate 'hat trick': A dslr-style body, a rangefinder-style body, and a XE style body, all using the same lenses, never been done before.
JW

And still nobody buys them because X-Trans RAW has serious issues as does the operational speed.

So it remains an incredibly niche product for a very insignificant part of the camera market - and how many of those users will shell out £1k on a huge & heavy DSLR like lens? Big seller? Lol

I fear for Fuji.

I hope the new X does not have the X-Trans II sensor, it could be the saving grace.

I think that the new fuji 56mm f1.2 lens will be the most wanted mirrorless camera portrait lens.

I doubt that it will sell in high numbers in the short term, Fuji might have picked up a lot of new users in the past 6 months due to all of their offers but some of those users are unlikely to spend this much on a lens.

Long term things might be different depending on what they follow up the X-Pro1/X-E1 with

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow