Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
nevercat
Senior MemberPosts: 1,835
Like?
Re: Stagnation of New APS-C Models?
In reply to parallaxproblem, 6 months ago

parallaxproblem wrote:

larrytusaz wrote:

I have the Sony NEX-F3 (and Nikon J1). Maybe it's me, but it seems like forever since new models have been announced other than the A3000 and A7/r--the former isn't really what I think of in terms of NEX, the latter are full-frame & as great as smaller full-frame models are, I think I'm one of many that appreciate what APS-C NEX models like the F3, 6 and 7 etc bring in terms of high image quality in a smaller package.

Is it just my imagination? I'm not dis-satisfied with my F3 (other than I wish you could use the command dial to more quickly choose AF points, not just the 4-way part of it) but the lack of new models can sort of send a "vibe" that the system is not likely to still be around in 3-odd years or so, or that it may end up being more like the A3000 which is NOT what I am looking for.

Tips?

-- hide signature --

LRH

Nobody knows, and unfortunately Sony aren't telling

Well maybe this announcement comming is telling more then Sony could ever do with some kind of statement. When Sony said back in august when releasing the A3000 (along with the Nex 5t) that there would be more Nex styled cameras comming would that be believed by the doomsday people?

We know that the NEX product name is discontinued, though the implications of that event has not been explained. We also know that the last NEX camera (NEX-5T) should have had the new Axxxx naming convention (it was supposed to be called the A5000), but it was changed at the last minute back to the NEX name that Sony already knew was about to be dropped.

You keep on telling that the Nex 5t should be named A5000 just by a few photo's with that model number on it. I've given several reasons for this name on this camera, but you keep on telling that what you say is true...

All we hear in interviews with Sony is 'change change change' but nothing concerning what the future holds for NEX owners

Well Sony did show some of the future: A Full Frame E-mount camera, A very cheap E-mount camera, a Nex 5r successor, and tomorrow probably (it still is a rumor, so things can go different then we expect) a Nex 3 successor, so from August it was clear to me, and all the well thinking people what the future of the E-mount was: New cameras, so we can keep on using our E-mount lenses, nothing to worry....

And change, change, change (as I often said) does not means that Sony will throw away a succesfull formfactor (successfull outside America)

The sad reality is that Sony care little for their existing customers and are only interested in expanding their market to non-Sony owners.

And many showed you where wrong, but you did not listen... You keep on proclaiming doom and gloom...

Once you have bought a Sony product you are no longer interesting to the company. This is difficult to accept as for the 'brand-loyal' it's like hearing that a parent doesn't love them (!)

No it is more like THINKING that your parents don't love you anymore when the new baby comes....

and for others the economic absurdity of such behaviour in alienating loyal customers and destroying 'goodwill' is incomprehensible,

Could it be incomprehensible to Sony too? Could it be that Sony understands that only going for new custommers is a stupid thing? Do you realy think they need you, and the other end of the world proclaimers, to show them the right path?

but it remains a fact. A cursory examination of Sony's treatment of their A-mount customers over the last few years, and their reluctance to release new firmwares should remove any lingering doubts over this reality

For all the Nex cameras there was at least one FW update. So lets keep to the facts please. The A-mount custommers can still use there lenses and all their other A-mount things on the new camera, Yes they need an adapter to use their flashes on the new hotshoe (a thing MANY A-mount users asked for, a standard hotshoe!!)

And for the SLT there is this to think of: Sony did come with a last "real" DSLR (A580) after they launched the A55. It was no success, Sony did what was economicly the right thing: stop with the camera that did not sell well, and go on with the cameras that do sell better!

There are rumours of new launches in the early part of this year so all we can do is either

- wait and see what is going to happen

That is a very wise thing to do. Your camera is still working, your lenses will be usable on many cameras to come, so take it easy!

- find another system where the manufacturer is a bit more 'forthcoming' to their users

Did you look at Canon with their EOS-M "serie"? They did bring out the successor only in Asia, not in the rest of the world. Did they tell the rest of the world that they will go on with the system? Did they tell the rest of the world if and is so when they can get the new camera? Come on no other brand is telling this, so why should Sony be any difference?

Up to you...

Lets hope most of the people are wise enough to see what is the truth, and tomorrow we will all know!

-- hide signature --

DUMP the HUMP! Campaign for *REAL* NEX replacement bodies

Keep both the hump and the humpless!!!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow