ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
flatline2013
Junior MemberPosts: 26Gear list
Like?
Right cable for old remote
7 months ago

Hi there,

I have read the previous discussion about wireless remote for Canon 5D MK iii, but wanted to some clarification please see below.

I have used a T2i for a while and the very basic "Shoot" timer remote and it has worked great. I have recently upgraded to a Canon 5D mk iii and would like to see if I can use the same remote. Unfortunately the camera body does not have the same female port to correspond with the shoot. I am trying to find out if there is an adapter for the canon 5d Mk iii to use my old timer remote instead of buying a brand new one.

This is what I found on Amazon : http://www.amazon.com/DSLRKIT-Shutter-Terminal-Convert-E3F-N3M/dp/B0079WLI3A . Is it advisable to buy something like this?

On a different note is it advisable to use a third party adapter? Will that by any chance effect the camera, the port or the images?

Would you suggest I buy a wireless remote instead? I have seen a lot of chatter on wireless remotes and most of them seem to range from 75$ and above...I was looking for a cheaper option if possible.

Thank you in advance.

-- hide signature --

"Out of clutter, find Simplicity. From discord, find Harmony. In the middle of difficulty lies Opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

flatline2013's gear list:flatline2013's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4) Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow