XF56 f1.2 released and specs

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Sal Baker
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,342Gear list
Like?
Re: XF56 f1.2 released and specs
In reply to a l b e r t, 3 months ago

a l b e r t wrote:

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujinon_lens_xf56mmf12_r/specifications/

Weight 405g (XF23 1.4 weight: 300g, Canon 85 1.2 weight: 1025g)

From the MTF charts, it looks like wide open sharpness is about the same as 23 f1.4.

And price is more reasonable ($999), not $1299 as someone predicted.

This looks to be a stellar lens, I'm tempted to pre-order and I've never done that before.

Non-Fuji folks (usual suspects) have gone into attack mode over a lens announcement in a matter of a few hours.  That's always an indication that this will be a big seller IMO.

I used the EF 85 1.8 for 5 years on APS and FF.  I just sold it because it was of no use to me on an X-E2, and it wasn't as sharp as my Fuji 23mm 1.4 wide open until at 2.0 or higher.  And the idea of putting the super expensive, huge, slow Canon 85 1.2 on a small Fuji is simply silly and sound like sour grapes.

Why not come up with some credible rants once someone has actually touched or used this new lens??

Sal

Sal Baker's gear list:Sal Baker's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 350D Fujifilm X-E2 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow