Sample Photos: EM-10 with new Oly 25mm 1.8 lens

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
D200_4me
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,439Gear list
Like?
Stylus photos just prove...
In reply to smithling, 10 months ago

What we've known all along.   Depending on the focal length AND the distance you are form the subject, it IS possible to get shallow DOF even with a point and shoot.  Too funny.  It would be nice if people that screech about DOF actually go out and try some shots with a point and shoot to see for themselves that you really can (in some situations) get that shallow DOF.

No, of course it's not ever going to be shallow like a full frame or even APS-C in most situations, but Robin's post just proved how hysterical people can get and how easy it is to fool people into believing a bigger sensor camera was used.

So anyway....we're all better off to go out and shoot and enjoy ourselves, rather than have endless pixel-peeping / gear debates.   It's one thing to discuss features and functions, but it's something else to constantly debate what ends up being nothing more than photographic technique and personal style.

CAUTION:  Point and shoot (P7000) shallow DOF photo below

-- hide signature --
 D200_4me's gear list:D200_4me's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Olympus E-M1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / Power O.I.S +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow