Stagnation of New APS-C Models?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Greynerd
Senior MemberPosts: 3,563
Like?
Re: Stagnation of New APS-C Models?
In reply to larrytusaz, 8 months ago

I would rather they concentrated on improving firmware on the current models.

Being able to have the level indicator and the histogram on the screen at the same time in my Nex 6 would be a nice start.

larrytusaz wrote:

I have the Sony NEX-F3 (and Nikon J1). Maybe it's me, but it seems like forever since new models have been announced other than the A3000 and A7/r--the former isn't really what I think of in terms of NEX, the latter are full-frame & as great as smaller full-frame models are, I think I'm one of many that appreciate what APS-C NEX models like the F3, 6 and 7 etc bring in terms of high image quality in a smaller package.

Is it just my imagination? I'm not dis-satisfied with my F3 (other than I wish you could use the command dial to more quickly choose AF points, not just the 4-way part of it) but the lack of new models can sort of send a "vibe" that the system is not likely to still be around in 3-odd years or so, or that it may end up being more like the A3000 which is NOT what I am looking for.

Tips?

-- hide signature --

LRH

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow