Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Stephenhampshire
Contributing MemberPosts: 842Gear list
Like?
Re: K30 fried after using in rain
In reply to Simon Devlin, 6 months ago

Simon Devlin wrote:

I knew that mighty mike about the WR.

I'm 99% sure the water has leaked in throught the back of the LCD screen. The camera has switched on now but the waterstaining looks even worse this morning and not in a healthy state as the LCD is flickering.

The K30 simply didn't live up to it's WR status.

I'll look for the documentation and bring it down to the shop today.

I'll have to get it replaced, a non WR camera is useless and that's why I bought it and bought into Pentax.

I want another body, simply as that!

-- hide signature --

Simon
Legacy lens lover
Anarcho-primitivist and avid anti-technology advocate

Simon. there were some reports from early adopters that some K30's had a poor seal around the LCD allowing water ingress. It seems that this could be the case with your camera. It  is worth contacting the UK agents - Johnson's Photopia and explaining the situation as the warranty has only just run out. I had a problem with my K5 a year or so back, as in your case my camera was 2 weeks out of warranty, but Johnsons repaired it quickly (8 days door to door) and for free honouring the spirit of the warranty. I have used a K20 K30 and K5 in the wet, with WR lenses and with non-WR lenses, including older manual glass, and, whilst condensation can be a problem, after careful drying out, everythong has worked again apart from a magnifying eyepiece, which may have survived had I not dis-assembled it to dry it quicker!

Hope you can resolve this problem successfully

-- hide signature --
 Stephenhampshire's gear list:Stephenhampshire's gear list
Samsung TL350 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-30 Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow