ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
coupeman
New MemberPosts: 9Gear list
Like?
Dilema, D4 to M4/3
9 months ago

Hi all,

Hoping people can shed some non biased advice here. I am a casual photographer, mainly landscapes, cityscapes, early mornings and night times. Occasionally do the odd bit of product photography.

I currently use a D4 with the following glass, 14-24 2.8 Nikon AF-S, 24-70 2.8 Nikon AF-S and a Sigma 70-200 2.8 EX DG OS.

I love the D4, but don't need its speed. However I travel a lot and find it overly heavy at times, even for short hikes locally.

I have a friend who uses an Olympus OMD-E5 and recently we spend a few hours comparing images taken side by side. I have to say I was impressed.

i am therefore looking at the new OMD-EM1 with some of the top lenses to replace the Nikon. Main reasons are weight and size, but I don't want to do it if I'm going to be disappointed with the results. Having read review after review the OM is an amazing camera, just not sure. I will buy the grip for the  OM to give my big hand something to hold.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

coupeman's gear list:coupeman's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D4 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +3 more
Nikon D4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow