The Philosophy of Nikon Df

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Cliff Fujii
Senior MemberPosts: 2,588Gear list
Like?
Re: The Philosophy of Nikon Df
In reply to eastvillager, 7 months ago

Since I use only the + focus points, 51 focus points is not an issue with me (I don't do action photography).  I don't do video of any type on my DSLR cameras.  I would like to have the 1/8000 sec shutter but to tell you the truth, I've never used it.  It would be nice to have two storage slots but I don't miss it because on my D800 the second slot is configured to take the overflow from the first card (which I never had to use yet).  The faster frame rate of the D4 is not an issue as I don't shoot action photographs.  Part of the weight of the D4 is the larger motor drive and battery.  One of the things I like about the Df is that it's lighter than my D800.  That's one of the reasons why I didn't purchase a D4.  My first camera was a Nikon F Photomic F that I used in photography classes while I was in college in the 60s.  I weighed my F3HP and it turned out to be heavier than my Df.  If Nikon comes out with a Df that has the D800 sensor, I'll buy it and sell my D800.

The Df really does a better job at high ISO photography than the D800.

-- hide signature --

Cliff

Cliff Fujii's gear list:Cliff Fujii's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon 1 V3 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED +50 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow