Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ERN812
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
Thoughts on Topaz Products
6 months ago

Hi, I'm thinking about getting a few of the Topaz plug-ins (I can't afford the whole bundle, unfortunately) and was curious on your thoughts about which of the plug-ins are least duplicative of lightroom functionality?  I'm a hobbyist with limited time and limited funds, to the extent that matters.  Then specific products I'm interested in now are infocus, bw effects, and restyle.  (I'm particularly drawn to the image analysis and presets of the latter two.)

Other products look interesting, but I'm not sure they add that much more over lightroom to justify their cost.  For example, denoise and detail might be able to yield slightly better results than lightroom, but I'm not sure it's enough to justify--for me--the cost.  And I'm not sure what functionality adjust and clarity add that is not already in lightroom.

I've downloaded the trials but haven't had that much time to play with them.  Do adjust, clarity, deniose, and detail offer funcitonality that isn't present in lightroom?  (The remaining topaz products I'm not that interested in.)

I'm trying to keep this around $150-200.  I've looked at Perfect Photo Suite but didn't like what it did to the photos and it ran really slowly for some reason.  I've played with the Nik trial too and, while it's nice, I find myself liking the options presented by the Topaz products better.  Plus, the main plugin that I'm really interested in is infocus, and Nik doesn't really have anything comparable to that.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow