still torn between m43 and Full Frame systems

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
SenicPhoto
Regular MemberPosts: 202Gear list
Like?
Re: still torn between m43 and Full Frame systems
In reply to robonrome, 8 months ago

Exactly on the same boat as you. Since I got Panasonic GH3, my 5D MII sits in the dark corner with other L lenses. I honestly didn't expect GH3 will replace FF in so many different shooting situations. For me, Panasonic is way easier to use, carry and most importantly the picture quality doesn't fall too far behind Canon. I spent a good chunk of money on 12-35, 35-100, 7-14, Olympus 45 and 40-150 and a few manual lenses. All of them shine on GH3 in the same fashion as high quality red stripe glass compliments Canon 1Ds MIII and 5D MII.

One thing I found quite amazing is a GH3's video quality. This is a new area of exploration for me ... I want to dig deeper into film making and post production. Once again, GH3 IMHO is far superior to 5DM3 and some other Nikon FF I've tried in the past. From this perspective, I know I made a right choice.

I get paid for some my work therefore it's hard justifying few thousands of dollars’ worth of equipment laying around, not being used ... I guess it's only matter of time when I'll have a grand Canon sale. I might keep some equipment but the reason is not FF superiority but simply a silly nostalgic value...

SenicPhoto's gear list:SenicPhoto's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Nikon D610 Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow