Humanoid
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,461Gear list
Like?
Re: It aint over until the duck quacks:) D7100
In reply to Tusk24, 8 months ago

Tusk24 wrote:

Shunda77 wrote:

Iain G Foulds wrote:

... Ray: I would gently offer that the art of photography is the consideration of the composition as a whole, and not merely pointing a camera and taking sharp pictures of things.

... In the world, there are trillions of sharp duck photos. It is the context and and compliment of the background and foreground which separates and distinguishes.

... Hey, don't post photos if you are only looking for compliments.

Gee whiz Iain, I think ole ray is doing a bit better with the D7100 than you have been, I'm still trying to figure out how you got such noisy soft ISO 360 shots.

These ducks are superbly sharp and detailed.

Perhaps the ducks ought to be superbly sharp with a monster lens like the 600mm VR.

Talk about David and Goliath.

Here we go.  Do you really think it takes an exotic lens to have sharp images?  I'll tell you it does not, however, the more expensive lenses do help when you need the reach because they are longer.:)   Other than that it comes down to the photographer and their skill level.

Shooting at 300mm and adding converters  would be considered the minumum for birding/wildlife and I have been there for 7 years before upgrading to the 600mm a couple years ago. I appreciate well exposed sharp images from anyone who posts them with whatever gear they use.

I've earned my way to the heavy, back breaking, leg numbing 600mm VR lens and love it lol.  I hope someday you can enjoy it, as much as I do.:)

Being able to fill the frame is a beautiful thing!

peace,

Ray

Humanoid's gear list:Humanoid's gear list
Nikon D2X Nikon D3 Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D700 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow