Stagnation of New APS-C Models?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
abortabort
Contributing MemberPosts: 938Gear list
Like?
Re: Mike: just flood the market with mostrosities like a3000...
In reply to jpr2, 7 months ago

People whinge and moan when there are 'too many' new models and whinge and moan when there are 'too few'.

The A7/R and a3000 augment the current lineup, not replace. The a3000 was designed to be a super budget model to essentially replace the a37 (but significantly cheaper again) and the A7 to be a brand new top tier camera.

The most recent traditional NEX was releases 4 months ago, I just don't see how that isn't 'enough'?

The NEX-7 is supposedly getting a replacement in Jan/Feb and will likely replace both the 6&7, but I suspect the 6 will stay on the market as a low cost alternative.

The 3 will likely see a refresh slightly later, maybe March/April (but maybe along side the new 7).

I STILL can't understand all the doomsday talk about Traditional NEX cameras'? I even created an irony thread about it that someone got so upset about they request DPR remove it.

abortabort's gear list:abortabort's gear list
Sony RX100 Ricoh GR Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 +32 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow