Stagnation of New APS-C Models?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
abortabort
Senior MemberPosts: 1,084Gear list
Like?
Re: Mike: just flood the market with mostrosities like a3000...
In reply to jpr2, 10 months ago

People whinge and moan when there are 'too many' new models and whinge and moan when there are 'too few'.

The A7/R and a3000 augment the current lineup, not replace. The a3000 was designed to be a super budget model to essentially replace the a37 (but significantly cheaper again) and the A7 to be a brand new top tier camera.

The most recent traditional NEX was releases 4 months ago, I just don't see how that isn't 'enough'?

The NEX-7 is supposedly getting a replacement in Jan/Feb and will likely replace both the 6&7, but I suspect the 6 will stay on the market as a low cost alternative.

The 3 will likely see a refresh slightly later, maybe March/April (but maybe along side the new 7).

I STILL can't understand all the doomsday talk about Traditional NEX cameras'? I even created an irony thread about it that someone got so upset about they request DPR remove it.

abortabort's gear list:abortabort's gear list
Sony RX100 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Nikon D700 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Sony Alpha 7 +33 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow