Please help me to stay with Pentax!

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
kenyee
Senior MemberPosts: 1,511Gear list
Like?
Why do you feel they're better?
In reply to JimBim, 11 months ago

JimBim wrote:

I’m comming to conclusion to upgrade my gear. Since 1997 I’m with Pentax. This time I decided to look to other land, specifically C, N. I see by testing those cameras inside dealer shop, that pictures from D610 and 6D are better compare to K3.

Out of curiosity, what do you see is better?  It would help w/ recommendations.

Color?  Sharpness? focusing?  WB?

They all look a little bit different to me.  Did you get a chance to try the Olympus EM-1 while you were there as well?

For dog show shots, you probably want better focusing and fast lenses would be my guess.  The least expensive entry is probably the D7100 because the AF module is best at the price point you're looking at.  The D610 has the D7000's old AF module which is a lot weaker but I'm not sure if the 6D's AF is better.  FF has narrower DOF, so you might have a harder time keeping enough of the dog in focus.

As for the K-3, best bet would be for you to try it at a dog show...rent it for a weekend the next show and use whatever lens you're using w/ your istD.  If you think it's better, buy it.  If not, try another camera to see if it's better.

I doubt you're blowing up your images to 20x30" resolution, so honestly anything w/ at least 16MP is fine.

kenyee's gear list:kenyee's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow