It aint over until the duck quacks:) D7100

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Humanoid
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,465Gear list
Like?
Re: Zoo shots are popular on the FX forum too!
In reply to JimPearce, 11 months ago

JimPearce wrote:

Funny, I was just talking to a DPReview poster yesterday about this forum. I think there is limited interest in some of the exotic lenses we old curmudgeons shoot with here, which is somewhat understandable. However, I sense the center of gravity has shifted from the 70-300 to the 300 f4, which is progress. By the way, I cleaned the contacts on my 300 f2.8 VR and it seems to be responding better on the D7100. Good luck with the D800E. I flipped a coin - I really think the D800E plus TC and D7100 without are pretty damned close. If I had a 600mm rather than a 500 and did some landscape like you do I would have bought a D800E.

-- hide signature --

Jim

Yep its close, but not close enough Jim. Remember your getting a 3rd more crop factor with res and it shows.

I don't think its all of dpr just this forum mainly. I always loved to view images taken with exotics. Most peeps are buying the cameras in this forum because they are less expensive and money is an issue so certainly the lenses are few in choice.  I can understand that specially, in these times we live in.

The bigger issue is since Phil Askey no longer has the say so many get away with a lot of chit here and wouldn't have the guts to do it in person and the mods are wayyyyy too passive except for tof guy he keeps it on track.

Ray

Humanoid's gear list:Humanoid's gear list
Nikon D2X Nikon D3 Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D700 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow