Like?
Re: No
In reply to Mike CH, 6 months ago

Mike CH wrote:

Ontario Gone wrote:

Mike CH wrote:

Basalite wrote:

Mike CH wrote:

To me, pixel-peeping is more about the quality (of a limited amount) of pixels. It seems to me that you are more concerned with the content - and if there is interesting content in the small details, then zoom in to your hearts delight.

All of the pixels determine "the quality" of a digital image. They are all important.

Perhaps.

But are they all equally important?

And are they more important when viewed in isolation? Or less?

You can easily have a whole slew of perfect pixels, which add up to a completely uninteresting image. And vice versa.

I think it depends on what the photo is meant for. If you are taking it in order to sell, as a photojournalist ect, the actual photo matters and perhaps the pixel level is less important. I, like the op, happen to take enjoyment out of my own personal photos by being able to see small details within the whole.

And that is perfectly fine. I approach many of my images in the same way. I just have an issue with Basalite claiming it is the only way... that's all.

What it boils down to is that you don't care about maximizing the technical quality of your images. That's your  right but don't fool yourself into thinking your images are technically as good as those who do care.

Regards, Mike

-- hide signature --

Wait and see...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NoNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow