Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Vcize
Forum MemberPosts: 85
Like?
Slide/Negative to digital conversion
11 months ago

My dad passed away a while back and left 1000's of slides (and some negatives) behind. I didn't pick up photography until we were in the digital age so I'm not 100% sure, but I believe they are 35mm slides (picture of them here , is that a 35mm?).

I would like to convert them to digital, with the option to make prints out of some. I do want these to be of good quality.

I have done a lot of reading on this both here and elsewhere, and just wanted to make sure I'm on the right trail before throwing down the cash. Since there are so many, I've decided to go the route of scanning them myself rather than sending them in to one of the scanning services to save on cost.

I understand that I'll need a film scanner to get the best quality.  My plan right now is to pick up the scanner/software combo listed below.

Scanner: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=NavBar&A=getItemDetail&Q=&sku=884296&is=REG&si=rev#costumerReview

Software: VueScan

This will run me about $300, plus considerable time. Before laying down both of those I just want to make sure that I'll get good results out of this combo.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow