Is your photography better with FF?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
moving_comfort
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,941Gear list
Like?
One is a consumer advocate, the other is a validation-seeker
In reply to primeshooter, 11 months ago

primeshooter wrote:

My point...people will buy and use what they want. Who cares...why does it bother you or Thom?

I think it bothers Thom because he has a lot of people emailing him for advice, and he can tell from the type and level of questions he gets that a lot of these folks would be much better off learning the basics of photography first.

So in that sense, one of the hats he has to wear is one of consumer advocate. Thus, we see articles like that. (it also helps that it touches on a contentious subject - good for site hits )

As to why people who visit forums like this care so much - I suspect it's because they want validation for their own equipment choices.

They need to be told what they bought (aps-c, m43, whatever) is 'good enough', they need to argue about it, to prove it somehow.... when really, that's silly, because what's 'good enough' by the definition of the term needs no external validation.

-- hide signature --

Here are a few of my favorite things...
---> http://www.flickr.com/photos/95095968@N00/sets/72157626171532197/

moving_comfort's gear list:moving_comfort's gear list
Pentax K20D Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
yesNew
NoNew
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow