Is the GXR line dead? I guess I am late to the party!

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
schaki
Senior MemberPosts: 2,076Gear list
Like?
Re: Is the GXR line dead? I guess I am late to the party!
In reply to phazelag, 6 months ago

I doubt that there is some more GXR stuff to come. The aps-c lensors was somewhat big, even the A12 28mm. I would like more if Ricoh focus more on usual aps-c compact cameras or even one with the 1" Sony Cmos sensor. Unfortunately the great greedy guts at Sony and Nikon seems to have made deal to so far only let themselves use it so far to get an edge over the competition.

For sure Nikon would not like manufacturers like if Olympus, Ricoh or even pentax began to use that sensor in compact-cameras as it would compete almost directly with their 1" lensmount cameras.

Only the time can tell if Sony and Nikon will hang to what I suspect are an unofficial deal or agreement. We might find out as soon as during the spring or the summer in 2014 when Olympus are be expected to design new lens for their upcoming XZ-3. If them are allowed to use that 1" Cmos I'm sure that them will do so, I don't see any reason for them not to use it.

schaki's gear list:schaki's gear list
Contax TVS Digital
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow