The Philosophy of Nikon Df

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
eastvillager
Contributing MemberPosts: 956Gear list
Like?
Re: You must have known...
In reply to ravduc, 8 months ago

I think Kai and Ming are just trying to make fun of the fanboys who like the DF. In reality the camera is a joke with so many problems it's hard to believe anyone would buy it. But to defend it is even more absurd and I think serious photographers or reviewers think people who defend the camera open themselves up to ridicule for being so naive. If I had a camera I loved I wouldn't be on here taking all the mud slinging. I had a Fujix100. I drank the cool aid and bought it and sold it in a month. It sucked. Slow and terrible focus. I didn't defend it. I said it was poorly designed. Many like on here defended it.  I guess for some it's hard to admit you bought the hype and made a mistake. If I bought a DF and got blindsided by the Nikon brand I'd bite the bullet and sell it quick to recoup my money. With so many wonderful cameras out there such as the D4 and D800 which I own and use and the D610 which I don't but seems to be a bargain for what it gives you, you'd have to have drank the cool aid to be suckered into thinking the DF is nothing more then a complete failure. I use cameras for work. My D3 had 250,000 actuations when I bought my D4. Buying a DF sends a message to the camera companies that hype beats quality and I and many others think to support the hype by buying a misfit of a camera only encourages them to manufacture even more crap. Unlike the D4 and D800 there was no waiting list to buy the DF. Even though Nikon Professional Services sent out a blast to reserve one they were there for the taking since no pro wanted them. The D4 and D800 had waiting lists for months and months even if you were an NPS member. With the choices available no pro in his right mind would shoot with such a convoluted operating system that the DF employes. When I need to change controls quickly I need the buttons at my fingertips not some two handed juggling act of a camera. Sorry.

ravduc wrote:

You have just hit the nail on it's head. My fealings as well. Kai and Ming made unwarranted comments about DF buyers and users. Proper reviewers review cameras and not the users. Many in this forum are doing exactly the same.

eastvillager's gear list:eastvillager's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D4 Nikon D800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow