Replacement battery for 5D Mark III

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Victor Engel
Forum ProPosts: 15,343Gear list
Like?
Re: Replacement battery for 5D Mark III
In reply to Marek07, 10 months ago

Marek07 wrote:

That's a pointless example as flash cards are not specifically designed for certain cameras as Batteries are, you can't just throw in some Duracell's in a 5D mk 3!!

You can, if you use an appropriate holder. Here is an example:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/872418-REG/Vello_BG_C9_Battery_Grip.html

There's nothing camera-specific about the battery except that the case fits just so, and there is a chip that is designed to force you into OEM brand batteries. The essence of the battery is no different from other batteries. It's just a battery of two cells. All it needs to do is provide the correct nominal voltage and sufficient current.

I just don't think it's worth it. In my experience I haven't used a 3rd party battery that works as well in a Canon Camera as a Canon Battery.....It's a professional piece of equipment worth thousands so why take the chance??

It's no more of a chance than using Canon batteries if you do your homework. As I said before, I got my aftermarket batteries when OEM LPE6 batteries were not available. They perform about the same as the Canon batteries.

-- hide signature --

Victor Engel

Victor Engel's gear list:Victor Engel's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow